Saturday, February 26, 2005

ani difranco

can i just bloggle for a bit on about how amazing her music is? i mean neverminding the actual music, the highs and lows of her folksy yet grindy rhythms and blues, BUT--her lyrics just....agh. they annihilate me.
there never fails to be a song she's written to fit whatever my mood, circumstance, etc. and since i can't really write, but can certainly sing, it's the perfect perfect outlet.
if i ever get good enough on the guitar to be able to accompany myself with her music, y'all better look out. i'll never stop.

today's winner, from the little plastic castle album: glass house
and of course, gravel is always a winner, even moreso since the dismissal of the never-a-good-friend never-a-good-lay never-very-kind let-me-way-down-every-time boy.

and last but not least, my new personal favorite, from self-titled: rush hour
this snippet in particular, not fully in the lyrics, and she adds it in at the end of the song...
and there were some things that I did not tell him/there were certain things he did not need to know/and there were some days that I did not love him/and he didn't understand me/and I don't know why I didn't go/and he didn't understand me/and he had every chance to know

and yes, i really am done being bitter...
but that doesn't mean i'm done thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home